Last Updated: September 7, 2018
1. Collection of Personal Information from Site Users
- The News Behind the News may collect and/or track (1) the home server domain names, e-mail addresses, type of computer, and type of Web browser of visitors to the Site, (2) the e-mail addresses of visitors that communicate with The News Behind the News or the Site via e-mail, (3) information knowingly provided by the visitor in online forms, registration forms and surveys, (including name, address, e-mail and other personal profile data), and (4) aggregate and user-specific information regarding page views.
- The News Behind the News may place Internet “cookies” on visitors’ hard drives. Internet cookies save data about individual visitors, such as the visitor’s name, password, user-name, screen preferences, the pages of a site viewed by the visitor, and the advertisements viewed or clicked by the visitor. When the visitor revisits the Site, The News Behind the News may recognize the visitor by the Internet cookie and customize the visitor’s experience accordingly. Visitors may decline Internet cookies, if any, by using the appropriate feature of their Web client software, if available; however, this may impair certain features of the Site.
2. Use of Personal Data Collected
The News Behind the News may use personally identifiable information in a number of ways, including but not limited to:
- To communicate with you about your account, or to communicate information about the Site.
- To build higher-quality, more useful services, such as by analyzing usage trends, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the Site.
- To support the operation of the Site, troubleshoot problems, resolve disputes, and to enforce our Terms and Conditions;
3. Disclosure of Personal Data Collected
News Behind the News may disclose personally identifiable information about you to Third Parties as follows:
- With your consent.
- To facilitate a transaction or communication with a third party that you have initiated.
- To The News Behind the News’s agents and advisors (such as our accountants or attorneys). We only disclose the personal information necessary for them to provide their services to you or to us, and only under strict confidentiality restrictions.
- As The News Behind the News believes necessary to: (a) comply with law (including court and government orders, and civil subpoenas); (b) enforce or apply The News Behind the News’s Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or (c) protect the rights, property, or safety of The News Behind the News (and its officers, directors, employees and agents), our users, or others.
- If you partake (or we reasonably suspect that you are partaking) in any illegal or potentially illegal activity. We may disclose personal information even without a subpoena, warrant, or other court order, to the extent we feel is necessary to inform and cooperate with law enforcement agencies or other appropriate authorities.
- In aggregated form, i.e., information about multiple users collectively without identifying any individual user, such as the total number of visitors to a particular section in a given week.
4. Collection of Personal Data from Children
To the extent that The News Behind the News is able to determine the age of users by their submissions to, or communications with, the Site, The News Behind the News will not knowingly (a) collect or post information from individuals under thirteen years of age (“Children” or “Child”) without their parent’s or guardian’s consent, or (b) provide any personally identifying information collected from Children, regardless of its source, to any third party for any purpose whatsoever.
5. Security Measures
The News Behind the News has implemented numerous security features to prevent the unauthorized release of or access to personal information. In particular, when a visitor provides information through the Site, The News Behind the News offers the visitor the ability to use a secure server. The secure server encrypts all information a visitor inputs before it is sent to The News Behind the News, and is also used to store personal information securely.
6. Third Party Web Sites
7. Opt-Out Right
Visitors may opt-out of having their personal information collected or used by The News Behind the News, by contacting email@example.com or via postal mail or telephone at the address and phone number below.
8. The News Behind the News’s Right to Contact Visitor
The News Behind the News reserves the right to contact visitors to the Site.
9. Access to and Ability to Correct Personal Data
11. Contact Information
12. Governing Law